Sunday 6 December 2015

A desperate appeal for justice - the City of Joburg must hang its head in shame and cough up!

This morning I was copied on an email from Tshepo Kguaudi, whose tale of woe I wrote about on this blog some weeks ago - click here for the post.

Mr Kgaudi's business was destroyed by a combination of factors, chief amongst which was general inaction and negligence by the City of Johannesburg. The Public Protector issued a report in December last year detailing the remedial action expected from the City. To date, the City has done nothing and continues to obfuscate and delay.

This is typical of an institution which arrogantly ignores the welfare of its residents. The City says it supports small businesses, but this is just one more example that disproves this claim.

Any assistance readers of this blog can give to putting pressure on the City to reach a settlement with Mr Kgaudi will be welcome.

Read his email below:

Mon 2015/12/07 08:44 AM

From: tshepo <tshepok47@gmail.com>

Implementation of settlement agreement

To: Public protector Thuli Madonsela <madonselat@pprotect.org>; Head group Mbulelo Ruda <mbulelor@joburg.org.za>; Trevor Fowler <trevorf@joburg.org.za>

CC: P protector Lesedi Sekele <lesedim@pprotect.org>; Tebogo Public protector <tebogok@pprotect.org>; Serapelo Nkosi <SerapeloN@pprotect.org>; Toby Chance <toby@tobychance.com>; Anna Cox <anna.cox@inl.co.za>; 702 producer Daryn <derynp@702.co.za>; Busisiwe Pp <busisiwej@pprotect.org>; stoffelf@pprotect.org; patrickp@joburg.org.za

Dear all,

Good morning I hope you are all well, seeing that we are almost 11 day shy from 1 year since the broken promises report was released. It pains me that almost a year on after the Public protector has released this report and nothing has been done to bring us to closure.

Considering that even a simple apology by any official is lacking. I have done my best to protect my family's interest and sadly there are people or politicians that are hell bend to prove that they wield more power than law abiding citizens like me,

I am writing this email to remind all that in spite of the suffering we endured and the continued suppression we face daily under this so called our leaders, I have taken to understand that, yes under abuse of power, you might look stronger than I am.

But let me remind you and warn you, I feel like a rat corned and willing to bite anything in my way, so I am not going to bother chasing any body for justice.

I have decided that, the only weapon I have now is the internet. I am going to re send this email every 2 hours If i don't get confirmed report that the Mayor and his team has obeyed the law, by implementing the Public Protectors report released on the 18 december 2014 ( broken promises report) "that are still broken and buried by Mayor Tau and his team".

I have called, emailed, made death treats to my life but no more. I will die proud with my wife and kids knowingly that I fought for justice.  Rightfully it is not for anybody to give us justice, but our responsibility to take it.

I challenge all cc'd in this email to pick your conscience and ask if you have done enough in your individual capacity to end this suffering.

I will ask and search for as many emails and keep forwarding this email until I get what is rightfully mine. I know there are good people out there.

I wish you all the best in your future careers and would like to see how will the world view you when you stood by and did nothing to help us get justice.

For those that genuinely continue to fight and support my family, I thank you and wish that, If for any reason God thinks, I am worthy for any credit in blessings. May He please share my portions as a blessing for your goodwill and support of my family Amen.

For all the fellow Christians Who happen to receive this email. Please pray for my family and those that wish my family demise to repent.
Pray for them like we prayed for the peace and freedom of this country. There is a lot of evil in our country, please lets stand up and pray for better change that will guarantee true freedom for all Amen.

I end my email by wishing and praying that the first group of people that receive this mail, do the right thing and obey the law like all citizens, stop your pride and arrogance as many like you are no more because of a simple thing "attitude".

I know that the God that I pray has always been with me and I am ready to walk freely in the shadow of death Amen.

Desperate father,brother and fellow Countrymen.

Kind regards
Tshepo Kgaudi

0790402467

No comments:

Post a Comment