Monday 19 August 2024

Article in Business Day about the DA's expectations from the Department of Trade, Industry and Competition

On Thursday 15th August, Business Day published an opinion piece by me and my fellow spokesperson on the dtic portfolio, Mlondi Mduli. 

They picked up on one of our main points, which called for the dtic to experiment with new policy ideas by lifting nearly all regulations at one or more of our special economic zones, and see how that effects investment and job creation.

When I mooted this idea at a portfolio committee meeting one of the senior official sent me a WhatsApp concurring with my suggestion - which shows that not all officials are wedded to ANC ideology or policy, giving me hope that this idea can fly.

Read the article below or online here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome but will be moderated before being published.